Today was a yard sale day.
It was a good yard sale day because it was supposed to rain all day and it didn’t. Not even a drop. Take that Mr. Weatherman who is in the bummer locale with very few weather patterns and far from the big time of tornado alley and Oklahoma.
Obviously he’s a poor weatherman. He can’t even predict sunshine.
I’ve discovered there are types of work that leave you bone-tired but energized and types of work that leave you bone-tired and ready to take a bottle of sleeping pills. You be the judge of which category manning a yard sale from 7am to 7pm is for me.
On the bright note, we had some lovely, wonderful and cool visitors who took the time to hang out and help us install a window air conditioning unit, which may actually hold the key to unlocking Lizard’s happiness.
He likes to be cooled artificially. I’m ok with an open window, but he has higher standards…
Since I’m now bone-tired and longing to eat an entire bag of salad on my own, I thought I’d leave you with the names of the books on my nightstand.
It’s a large pile of books and I have read some but most are waiting to be read. I continue to have delusions of grandeur that involve eating bon bons while reading a book and small laundry elves sorting and folding our household’s clothing, especially the socks.
Or even a set of FOUR EMPTY HOURS… Oh! The bookish adventures I could have in four hours of free time to read!
Until that day comes, these books taunt me:
- The Shack
- Freedom’s Choice
- Freedom’s Challenge
- Freedom’s Landing
- The Red Tent
- Catch 22
- The Handmaiden’s Tale
- Womanhood in America
- Natural Healing for Children
- Women’s Choices in Natural Healing
- Making a Home: Housekeeping for Real Life
- How to Cook Without A Book
- When Life and Beliefs Collide
- Lost Women of the Bible
- Amusing Ourselves to Death
- Bringing Up Girls
- Mad Ship
- Ship of Destiny
- Just Do Something
- Gazelles, Baby Steps, and 37 Other Things Dave Ramsey Taught Me About Debt
- Things I Wish I’d Known Before We Got Married
- Do Hard Things
- On Writing Well
- The Birth Order Book
- How to Publish, Promote, and Sell your Own Book
- Love Wins
- How To Build A Fire
- Going All The Way
- The 10 Habit of Happy Mothers
- Sex God
- Writer’s Digest Handbook of Magazine Article Writing
- Guide to Getting Published
- Read Well, Write Well
- LIttle House in the Big Woods
- Little Women
- Founding Brothers: The Revolutionary Generation
- Words That Made American History: Colonial Times to the 1870s
- Essays of Michel de Montaigne
- Bible (NIV, NAmSt, & Amplified)
I look at this list and see some themes. They don’t always go together. Then I look at the pile again and get really tired.
And, yes, if I add any more I’m pretty sure the entire nightstand will tip over. It’s only the fact it’s wedged into the corner of the wall I can actually use it as my personal bookshelf.
It’s time to eat salad.
What books are on your nightstand?