“Me Likee!” Link Up – June
It’s time for the “Me Likee!” Link Up, where I put the posts that have challenged or motivated me in the last month in one place so you can enjoy them, as well!
Please share the links of articles that you “likee” in the comments – or your response to any of the ones I share!
1. Children Who Marry Their Parents: The Psychology of Courtship. James Watkins wrote this one and I think it’s a fascinating, revealing at how we choose our partners.
2. Why It’s Good to Ignore Children. In the face of the helicopter parenting so many of us get sucked into, I appreciate the perspective that highlights our children’s independence… Right along that theme, there’s Stop Being a Micromanaging Mom. The most crazy quote from this article? “There’s almost a feeling that if you’re not worrying enough, there must be something wrong with you. Worrying feels like love.”
3. It’s Not the Recession, You Just Suck. The in-your-face approach of this article is startling, but also inspiring to those who believe hard work pays off.
4. 20 Things I Should Have Known at 20. Love this list! What do you think you should have known at 20?
5. 15 Things Wives Should Stop Doing. OK, not gonna lie, this article caused a “heated discussion” in our household, mostly because I felt like it was way too one-sided and didn’t give the husband responsibility or credit. It inspired my own post, 50 Little Nudges to get out of the Big Rut. BUT… this is a thought-provoking article, nonetheless.
6. Twitter Dynamos, Offering Word of God’s Love. I love seeing how ministries are using technology to connect. I was surprised at how far Twitter as a company will go to ensure their success…
7. Marriage is for Liars and Marriage and Scooby-Doo (and the freedom of mystery). Dr. Kelly Flanagan keeps writing these posts that hit me right between the eyes – I love them! Hope you do, too!
8. I Can’t Believe I’m Doing This. I laughed and laughed and laughed at this one! Oh, the walls we climb when we have children!
9. When Parents Fight, Kids Can Suffer. Ever wondered why the phrase “never let the sun go down on an argument” exists? Here’s some scientific proof of the damage of discord.
10. On Singleness. This post focused on the peace of being single – that challenges the communities around us. It’s great, it’s wise, I just have to share!
One thought on ““Me Likee!” Link Up – June”
Thank you for including my post. In line with the guest author (who wrote the “ignoring post”… here’s another one I absolutely love from her: http://www.perspectiveparenting.com/2012/06/24/the-key-to-raising-successful-kids-a-lesson-for-all/