Yeah, yeah, I know, it’s October. It doesn’t make much sense to publish my top picks from September in October but considering I’ve been losing track of days like crazy I think you should put a cork in your critical attitude and extend some bloggy love by clicking through to these awesome posts.
1. Do You Like Staying At Home? This post mirrored many of my feelings about the transition from working mom to work-at-home mom. I wonder if it will strike a chord with you?
2. A Disease Called Perfection. I discovered this post a year ago and even blogged about it. I ran across it again because of the Timehop app I use that sends me what I did one year ago every day and fell in love all over again. Some things are good enough to be shared repeatedly.
3. What Boys Need From Moms. I’m a mom of a boy now. It still catches me by surprise, particularly when the young man squeals his super-shrill squeal when his backside touches the cold vinyl cover of his changing table. Still, it’s good to have suggestions about how to parent this man-child.
4. Confessions of a Young Widow: The Little Things I Miss About Being Married. Put your big girl panties on before you read this one, it caught me in the gut with its raw simplicity… and made me very, very thankful for my husband and his man clutter.
5. 10 Things That Have Made All The Difference. This sweet synopsis of ideas to incorporate into marriage is truly touching.
6. Weak Words. This listing of weak words to use while writing was particularly convicting for me – I use a lot of weak words in my conversational writing style! It’s a great reminder of best writing practices.
7. Make 24-hour Go Bags for Your Kids. No one wants to think about disasters happening but tonight as I wandered through our local ranch supply store I saw a wall of emergency preparedness kits. “Go Bags” are a really, really good idea to have for your family. This post gives you the basics of how to make them.
8. I Might Be Scared of These Families. This post made me laugh and laugh and laugh. Mostly because I am that mom who will dress her kids matching if at all possible. I do draw the line on the stripy pajamas for the whole family, however.
9. 41 Things Bodacious Bloggers Do To Maintain Their Blogs. Here’s my business post for the month – I love getting good advice about how to make StealingFaith better. (If you have suggestions, please let me know!)
10. Careful Mother vs. Assertive Mother. Parenting is hard. Have I ever mentioned that? One of the hardest things for me is walking the line between disciplinarian and heart-steward. At any moment you can waiver on the line. This post reminded me of the importance of firmness, wrapped in love.
Hope you enjoy this month’s links. In fact, I’d love to see the posts you’ve particularly enjoyed, as well! Please share in the comments!
If you like this post, feel free to share it (with attribution).
Copyright © StealingFaith.com 2010-2013 | All rights reserved