Tonight I’m starting the Haphazard Hop. I’ll answer 25 questions and then tag a few of my favorite bloggers to get them to answer the same questions. Hold on to your hats, friends, it’s going to be fun!
The rules are simple – If you’re the reader you must click on through and see the Haphazard answers of the tagged bloggers – after all, it’s likely if you like what we write over here you’ll like the blogs of these new friends! If you’re the tagged blogger, your instructions are below!
Here are your Haphazard Questions!
1. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed? I prefer the doors to be closed, but right now my closet doesn’t have doors. And I’ve learned to live with it and my fear of the Boogie Man.
2. What would you call yourself if you could choose your own name? Esmerelda the Magnificent. Or Lucy.
3. What’s the worst/most embarrassing CD/album you’ve ever owned and do you still have it? Meatloaf “I Would Do Anything for Love.” Or Ace of Base – I can still sing every lyric from “I Saw the Sign” without missing a beat. I no longer own the cassette tapes of these singles.
4. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? A veterinarian. Except then I realized you need to not pass out when you see blood and guts. I like the healthy animals. (I can’t even look at my daughter’s loose tooth without getting queasy!)
5. When was the last time you cried from laughter, and why? My husband. He did something – I forget the details – and I laughed and laughed and laughed. Thank goodness – laughter restores the soul!
6. Do you like to use Post-It© notes? Why, yes, I do. I’m a fan of the note with the sticky streak. Particularly the colorful ones!
7. Do you practice your smile for pictures? I have, on occasion, practiced my smile for photos. But that’s because I got several pictures where I looked like I was experiencing significant gas pains and decided I wanted to nix that expression forever.
8. Do you sleep with your sheets out or tucked in? The sheets must be tucked at the bottom of the mattress but open along the sides.
9. What is the most bizarre item of food you’ve ever eaten? Goat brain. I’m also ridiculously freaked out by fish with the head and eyes intact and cottage cheese. All of these things should not be allowed.
10. Do you chew on your pen/pencil? Me, never! I think all that saliva that pools in a pen cap or the scent of dried spit is just gross.
11. What’s your least favorite movie? Slingblade. There are some movies that should not have been made – that was one of them.
12. Where would you bury a hidden treasure if you had it? Like I’m going to tell you! If I’m going to the trouble of burying a treasure I can assure you I won’t publish directions to the location on my blog… ha!
13. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper? I’m a big fan of thank you notes and wrote a bunch of them about a month ago. I do like the tactile experience of writing on paper – but I’ve discovered the muscles in my hands have adapted to communication via typing rather than handwriting. This knowledge makes me sad.
14. What was the first concert you attended? I don’t suppose I can count the a capella church group my Grandma took me to… the first concert I chose to attend was DC Talk. Funny story – my future husband was at that same concert! We met each other for the first time more than a decade later.
15. Have you ever won a spelling bee? Nope, not me. But I do have a fun spelling bee memory now that I think of it. It involves chalk and Tums… and I believe I have a blog post idea for tomorrow!
16. Do you hold your nose when you jump into a swimming pool? Nope. Not a bit. However, I cannot do an underwater flip without holding my nose or I clear out my sinuses better than a neti pot.
17. Are you patient? NO. No. No. No. No. No. No.
18. What is the type and model of the first phone you ever had? An avocado-green rotary dial phone. It was heavy! The spiral cord could reach about 10 feet and I loved to pull on it nonstop!
19. Favorite celebrity? Right now, the cast of Duck Dynasty. All of them. With a special amount of love for the scary-haired Phil.
20. Who is your favorite American president? Why? Ronald Reagan. I love that he gave the American people a sense of pride and hope.
21. What would you do with a $1 million lottery winning? Get completely out of debt; give generously to significant causes; travel with my family.
22. Do you believe in ghosts? Yes. But I wouldn’t channel them or even try because… well, they’re creepy.
23. Is it easier to forgive or forget? I think it’s easier to forget than forgive. That’s my non-confrontational side, but there you have it.
24. Education or wealth – which is better to have? Education. I believe education can create wealth but wealth is sometimes exclusive of education.
25. One thing most people don’t know about you. I was a Future Business Leader of America in high school and ranked in the top 10 public speakers at the national competition.
Next Up On the Haphazard Hop:
5. YOU! Answer the questions on your blog, tell us about it in the comments, and link back to this blog!
Tagged bloggers, here’s the deal: Answer the questions with a blog post published within a week – don’t over think the answers, write the first thing that comes to mind; link back to the blog that nominated you for the Haphazard Hop; and nominate at least three more bloggers for the Haphazard Hop.